The small red bump on my son’s hand looked at first like a bug bite.
But when the hand swelled to the point of immobility and we took him to the doctor, the diagnosis was MRSA, an infection from a type of staph bacteria resistant to the family of antibiotics usually prescribed as treatments.
Thankfully, my son’s recovery was quick and uneventful. But his condition could have become life-threatening without the availability of antibiotics still effective against his case of Staphylococcus aureus…
Read the article in Fayetteville Observer.